Went to Dubai for the weekend (Thu-Fri). A lot of shops having sale, so went shopping. Bought a few nice items on sale, although the German football jersey wasn't on sale. If you look closely there's three stars on top of the crest, signifying the three world cup trophies Germany has won so far, hopefully by Sunday another star would be added. Was only expecting the team to just reach the quarter finals this year but now I'm ecstatic they're in the final. If they win it, that would be an added bonus. Here's hoping I will have the same big grin come Sunday evening.
Also met up with an old schoolmate Farid Amin aka Pata in Dubai. He's working for Schlumberger (I think that's the correct spelling), currently based in Vietnam but in Dubai for training. Brought him to Mayfair Hotel (run by Holiday Villa Malaysia), the hotel I was staying for some dinner and to watch the show there by an Uzbek group featuring a band and dancers. Soviet cultured skills now used for capitalism. How ironic. Worth a see.
On Friday morning, had to do some work related phone calls, so was quite annoyed. In the afternoon did some more shopping and bought myself a Cellini cabin bag, it's quite nice and was on offer in Carrefour, Deira City Centre, Dubai. Also bought The Bride of Frankenstein DVD, a black and white movie with Boris Karloff as the Frankenstein monster and the usual angry mob with torches, something to entertain myself at home. She's aliveeeeee... she's aliveeeee...
And before I forget, Johan the Mayfair Hotel GM asked me to say here that they are having the show every night starting from 11 p.m. and on Fridays after prayers they are serving Malaysian buffet. For a Malaysian environment in Dubai let Mayfair Hotel manja u. Mayfair Hotel phone: +971 4 2284444.
Hey Joe, do I get a free night stay for this?
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home